Initiating a Journey into Successful Online Marketing for Your Personal Website
What kind of online content production tactic should I adopt? The material generation approach largely relies on the specific demands of your viewers throughout the various phases of the buying process. Begin by developing ideal customer profiles (use these easily accessible samples or makemypersona.com) to understand the primary objectives and challenges your target audience faces concerning your personal business. At its core, your internet content should aspire to help them in attaining these objectives and conquering these obstacles.
Further, you should analyze when your audience would be most receptive to absorbing this information, in accordance with their positioning in the buying procedure. This is called material mapping. The main goal of material mapping is to align information to:
1. The qualities of the person absorbing the content (buyer personas are integral here).
2. The closeness of that individual to finalizing a purchase (their lifecycle stage).
Regarding the presentation of your information, there’s a multitude of alternatives to experiment with. Here are some recommendations we suggest for each step of the buyer’s journey:
- Blog posts. Highly successful for boosting your natural traffic when blended with a robust SEO and keyword strategy.
- Infographics. These are amazingly shareable, which increases your opportunities of finding via social media when others circulate your information. (Utilize these free infographic templates to kickstart your efforts.)
- Short videos. These are also extremely sharable and can present your business to new target audiences by hosting them on platforms like YouTube.
- Ebooks. These are outstanding for lead acquisition as they tend to be more comprehensive than a blog post or infographic, implying that someone is more apt to exchange their contact information to access it.
- Research reports. This high-quality material is also excellent for lead generation. Research reports and new data for your industry can function in the awareness stage as well since they are frequently picked up by the media or field press.
- Webinars. Being a more complex, interactive variant of video content, webinars serve as an successful consideration stage information presentation as they provide more extensive content than a blog post or short video.
- Case studies. Detailed case studies on your webpage can be a effective format of material for those on the brink of making a buying decision, as it helps in constructively influencing their decision.
- Testimonials. If case studies aren’t well-suited for your enterprise, having concise testimonials scattered around your site is a commendable alternative. For B2C brands, consider testimonials in a broader sense. If you’re a clothing brand, these could manifest as photos showcasing how others have styled a shirt or dress, sourced from a branded hashtag where people can contribute.
Planning the Course for Digital Marketing
- Define your goals.
- Identify your target audience.
- Establish a budget for each digital channel.
- Strike a harmonious balance between paid and free digital strategies.
- Create engaging content.
- Optimize your digital assets for mobile.
- Conduct keyword research.
- Iterate based on the analytics you measure.
Initiating digital marketing demands the clear identification and definition of your goals, as these will dictate your tactic. If your goal is to boost brand awareness, you may desire to concentrate on reaching new target audiences via social networking.
Alternatively, you may desire to surge sales for a distinct product — in this case, focusing on SEO and optimizing content to draw potential buyers to your site is essential. If sales are your goal, you might desire to experiment with PPC campaigns to drive website traffic through paid ads. Regardless of the specifics, shaping a digital marketing tactic becomes considerably easier once your company’s overarching goals are established.
We’ve touched on this earlier, but the beauty of digital marketing lies in the opportunity to target specific audiences. However, this benefit is meaningless without first pinpointing your target audience. Your target audience can vary depending on the medium or goals you have for a particular product or campaign.
For example, you may have noticed that your Instagram audience leans towards younger individuals who prefer amusing memes and quick videos, while your LinkedIn audience comprises older professionals seeking more tactical advice. You’ll need to tailor your content to cater to these specific target audiences.
Your budget should reflect the numerous elements of digital marketing you utilize. If your focus is on inbound techniques like SEO, social platforms, and content production for an already established site, the silver lining is that you don’t need a significant budget.
However, for outbound techniques like online advertising and buying email lists, some costs will be incurred. The extent of these costs is dependent on the level of visibility you want to gain as a result of the advertising.
A well-rounded digital marketing approach generally necessitates a mix of both paid and free elements for optimal effectiveness. For example, you can invest time in creating comprehensive buyer personas to better understand your audience’s needs and generating high-quality online content to convert them, which can yield strong results with minimal ad spend.
However, if paid advertising forms a part of your digital tactic, you might see quicker results. Ultimately, strive to grow your organic (or ‘free’) reach through content, SEO, and social media for sustainable success.
Once you have discerned your audience and determined a budget, the next step is to create information for the various channels at your disposal. This could take the form of social media posts, blog posts, PPC ads, sponsored content, email marketing newsletters, and more.
Mobile marketing forms a critical component of digital marketing. In fact, smartphone usage accounts for 69% of time spent consuming digital media in the U.S., while desktop-based digital media consumption constitutes less than half.
This means that optimizing your digital ads, web pages, social media images, and other digital assets for mobile devices is crucial. If your company has a mobile app that facilitates user engagement with your brand or allows them to shop your products, your app falls under the purview of digital marketing as well.
Effective keyword research is fundamental for optimizing your webpage and information for SEO and ensuring people can find your business via search engines. Keyword research for social media can also assist in marketing your products or services across various social channels.
To create a sustainable digital marketing strategy for the long term, it’s vital for your team to learn how to pivot based on analytics.
For instance, you might notice that your audience isn’t as interested in your Instagram content anymore but is highly engaged with what you’re posting on Twitter. Or, you might find an older webpage isn’t getting the traffic it used to. This could be an possibility to either refresh your Instagram strategy or update/remove the underperforming webpage.
Digital marketing provides businesses with incredible chances for continuous growth — it’s up to you to seize them.
Engaging in the Plunge into Digital Marketing
If you’re already using digital marketing, you’re probably reaching certain omhbmg segments of your audience online. No doubt, you can identify areas of your tactic that could benefit from some refinement.